This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE won't accept my login information.

The KDE forum rejects my username and password. When I attempt to register, they say my email address is in use and refuse further inquiry.

There is no method to get help from them, because they require login to leave a message. Can anyone help me? I have a problem that no one seems to recognize, and I want to see if it is their problem to get help. Thanks!

From their forum login information:
    The login process has changed, please read this before you log in: The KDE Community Forums now uses the KDE Identity service to log you into the forums. Your forum display name can no longer be used to log in, you must use your KDE Identity username and password.
    If you do not have a KDE Identity, please click here to register. Make sure to add the email address you used for the forum registration to your Identity account so that the system will automatically merge your accounts.
    Please contact forum-admin@kde.org if you have any login or registration issues.

I joined the forum to see what would happen. The conformation email ended up in my gmail spam folder and was never forwarded to my primary account. I activated from that email and then joined the KDE forum without problems. Perhaps an email to the forum admin may help. If that addr won't accept your email then I can ask for you.
    Last edited by GreyGeek; Jul 23, 2014, 09:53 AM.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

When I tried to register, they said my email address was already in use. I will try to contact them through forum administration. Thanks my friend.

UOTE=GreyGeek;354913]From their forum login information:

I joined the forum to see what would happen. The conformation email ended up in my gmail spam folder and was never forwarded to my primary account. I activated from that email and then joined the KDE forum without problems. Perhaps an email to the forum admin may help. If that addr won't accept your email then I can ask for you.[/QUOTE]

Comment

When it says the e-mail adress is already in use, this means you already registered.

There is probably a "forgot your password" link somewhere.
        If you click on it, you will get an e-mail with a link to reset your password.
        Je suis Charlie, how many more people have to die for religions
        linux user #447706 on https://linuxcounter.net
        A good place to start:
        Topic: Top 20 Kubuntu FAQs & Answers

Comment

That is the problem, there is no "forget your password" option. Even replying to the Administrator requires logging in. And, they don't accept my Login. It has to do with some changes in how they recognize members; apparently I did not get the change notice, or I overlooked and deleted it as Junk Mail or something. Thx for the help .

Originally posted by mbohets View Post
          When it says the e-mail adress is already in use, this means you already registered.

There is probably a "forgot your password" link somewhere.
          If you click on it, you will get an e-mail with a link to reset your password.

Comment

Originally posted by Shabakthanai View Post
            That is the problem, there is no "forget your password" option. Even replying to the Administrator requires logging in. And, they don't accept my Login. It has to do with some changes in how they recognize members; apparently I did not get the change notice, or I overlooked and deleted it as Junk Mail or something. Thx for the help .
            Login

The login process has changed, please read this before you log in: The KDE Community Forums now uses the KDE Identity service to log you into the forums. Your forum display name can no longer be used to log in, you must use your KDE Identity username and password.
            If you do not have a KDE Identity, please click here to register. Make sure to add the email address you used for the forum registration to your Identity account so that the system will automatically merge your accounts.
            Please contact forum-admin@kde.org if you have any login or registration issues.

KDE Identity Username KDE Identity Password I forgot my password

When I go to the kde forum login, I clearly see a "forgot passwd" link, when I click it I get here https://identity.kde.org/index.php?r=site/passwordReset
            And if that does not work, Please contact
            forum-admin@kde.org
            Last edited by mbohets; Jul 24, 2014, 10:27 AM.
            Je suis Charlie, how many more people have to die for religions
            linux user #447706 on https://linuxcounter.net
            A good place to start:
            Topic: Top 20 Kubuntu FAQs & Answers

Comment

It has a "forgot my password" link, but it requires a username to make the connection. Apparently they changed or won't accept my Username, so attempting to change or verify my password is not possible, while my email address cannot be changed is still in the system, so I cannot re-register to solve the problem.

We have been encouraged to use KDE; now that it is important to our use of the computer, help, when needed, has been made difficult for people like me, who are obviously less intelligent; it is we that need the help most. It took a long time to become familiar and happy with using KDE; I am more or less dependent on KDE now. I do not want to find a different service, but may have to. It is hard to feel abused, when the services you use are free, but I am ashamed to say that that is the way I feel. I am a faithful Kubuntu user, which by definition means I am a faithful KDE user.

I have essentially been locked out for months now, and I have done nothing to offend the rules, except have a declining memory, which I can do nothing about.

Thanks for trying to help; perhaps I am too old to compute anymore. I hate that thought. It is a great pleasure still.

Originally posted by mbohets View Post
              Login

KDE Identity Username KDE Identity Password I forgot my password

When I go to the kde forum login, I clearly see a "forgot passwd" link, when I click it I get here https://identity.kde.org/index.php?r=site/passwordReset
              And if that does not work, Please contact
              forum-admin@kde.org

Comment

Working...
              X