X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSl connection asks for password every time

Hello,
    I'm new here on this forum. This is my first post.
    I'm also relative new to linux, about 1 month. I tried Linux Mint and now Kubuntu.
    I manage to Install Kubuntu, costumize the appearnce a bit: themes, walpapers and so on.
    I have a issue though with my Internet connection.
    I'm using ppoe and I configured, well I think, only that it asks for password every time I log in, when starting a new session.
    I don't know if this has been resolved and how. I will post my info here and also I have a screenshot if needed, only that I don't see a Attach files on this forum. Maybe you can suggest a decent image hosting service, which doesn't require premium and so on.

DISTRIB_RELEASE=14.04
    KDE: 4.13.1
    Kubuntu is Installed. Is not on Wubi.
    Grub: Version: 0.97-29ubuntu66. Description-en: GRand Unified Bootloader (Legacy version)
    Secondary OS: Windows 7. Installed on a separate HDD. I have 2 Hdd into my desktop unit.

Information about my PC:
    Type: Desktop.

CPU: Architecture: i686
    CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit
    Byte Order: Little Endian
    CPU(s): 2
    On-line CPU(s) list: 0,1
    Thread(s) per core: 1
    Core(s) per socket: 2
    Socket(s): 1
    Vendor ID: GenuineIntel
    CPU family: 15
    Model: 4
    Stepping: 7
    CPU MHz: 2666.747
    BogoMIPS: 5333.49
    L1d cache: 16K
    L2 cache: 1024K

GPU: Nvidia 6600. 256MB. lspci | grep aphic doen't gerenrate an output into my console.
    Ram: 2GB
    HDD: "number of and type internal - number of and type external" ?
    Optical Drives (number of and type internal - number of and type external) ?

This is the info I could provide using the forum guide for getting help PLEASE-READ-BEFORE-POSTING-IN-HELP-THE-NEW-GUY-lt-lt-lt
    A lot a info. For this particular help maybe is too much information. But I'm not complaining. I will copy paste from here, if I will need help with something else
    As a note, an option into the user profile for submiting this info to be available into every post will be a nice forum feature.
    Anyway, if you can help, please let me know. That password thing is very annoying.

Welcome to our Forum and to Kubuntu Linux.

Question: You are actually using a dial-up modem? You aren't using a DSL modem and a router?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Hi and thank you for the welcome.

I'm not using anything like that. I have an Ethernet cable which "comes" directly from my ISP into my PC. All I have to do is to create a DSL connection (pppoe) and input my username and password there. And that' it. In theory
      I have a configured router in my house but I don't used. I have it for my tablet, for the wifi, but since I rarely use it, I prefer to leave the router out of it. If I would connect through my router right now, probably the password prompt would disappear, but how I said this is not the point.
      Thanks!

Comment

Please help.

Comment

Solved. On another forum a user suggested to check "All users may connect to this network". Now is fine. I posted here the answer in case this happens to others.
          Have a nice day!

PS. I don't want to be mean, I have no reason to. Everybody helps here voluntarily but I posted my problem on a generic Romanian forum which is not Kubuntu specific not even IT specific and I got my working answer in less than a day. Maybe a forum re-organization to be more efficient or something...
          Thanks anyway!

Comment

Working...
          X