This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken dependencies Citrix Reciever

I should say that I have citrix reciever installed and working but I have broken dependencies and can;t install anything else till resolved. I'm using 64bit Kubuntu 14.04. Citrix requires ia32 libs. I solved that issue and forced installed the icaclient which requires lib32asound2. I found a deb and forced installed lib32asound2. Citrix works but lib32asound has a broken depenency. It requires libasound2 (= 1.0.25-4ubuntu4); however:
    Version of libasound2:amd64 on system is 1.0.27.2-3ubuntu7.

Can someone help me figure out how to install libasound2 (= 1.0.25-4ubuntu4) and solve the depenency issue.

Have you tried installing from the console:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install libasound2:i386
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      Have you tried installing from the console:
      Code:
      sudo apt-get install libasound2:i386
      libasound2:i386 is already the newest version.
      libasound2:i386 set to manually installed.
      You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:
      The following packages have unmet dependencies:
      lib32asound2 : Depends: libasound2 (= 1.0.25-4ubuntu4)
      E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

Comment

From: citrix receiver and 14.04 64bit how to install? answer #3
        For my 64bit Citrix Receiver (v13) attempt on 14.04 I found and followed this quite lengthy and involved post to a tee and it worked terrifically:
        http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2181903

It is a crying shame that Citrix can't assemble a decent 64bit deb package. Fortunately, as usual, the Ubuntu community comes through.

Comment

Thanks for trying Snowhog. I had citrix working. I just wanted to deal with the depency issue. I did it by dpkging the lib32asound2 deb file and modifying the dependency to use the current version in the ubuntu repositories and reconfiguring the deb package and then reinstalling.

I used this guide.

https://geekwentfreak-raviteja.rhclo...n-deb-package/

after the deb was dpkg I opened the control file and changed the depends line to the current version in the ubuntu repositories and reconfigured. Then reinstalled the deb.
          Depends: libasound2 (= 1.0.27.2-3ubuntu7)

Many times it is possible to get around package dependency problems in ubuntu, debian, mint or any other debian based distribution by adding or removing files, making changes to control file or modifing dependencies of a debian package.

Obtain the .deb you want to modify and create a temporary directory. To uncompress the debian package into the temporary directory,

dpkg-deb -x some_debian_package.deb dir_tmp
          dpkg-deb --control some_debian_package.deb dir_tmp/DEBIAN

Note: Use the package you want to modify in the place of some_debian_package.deb and temporary directory you created in the place of dir_tmp.

Now perform the changes you want to make. Once you are done with your modification, you can repack your changes into a new debian package.

dpkg -b dir_tmp some_debian_package_new.deb

You can install your new package using,

sudo dpkg -i some_debian_package_new.deb
          Last edited by pauly; Jul 05, 2014, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Cool. I had to have a dependency issue 'fixed' once (with help from KFN) doing the same thing. Glad you got it fixed.

Comment

Working...
            X