Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my system (Kubuntu 14.04) two versions of backintime are provided. One has user access and the other has root access. If you are running windows, I have no idea.

So when I am backing up folders that have root access I use the second version and never log in except my usual user account.

George

Comment

Thanks gldvorak

I don't store any data on my Windows OSes partitions; everything of value goes to the shared data partition used by all OSes on each machine. I only use Win7 partition (on one laptop) to access iTunes and MyDrive, for my iPod/iPhone and TomTom respectively, as nothing in Linux manages these devices properly (unfortunately).

The Home/ Documents, Downloads and Desktop folders on both the administrator and the limited user accounts, on both LM17 KDE and Kubuntu 14.04 OSes, plus the shared data partition, are what gets backed up on each machine. This is run on each machine from the LM17 KDE administrator account using the (root) version of BackInTime; everything gets backed up in one operation for each machine.

I can't run BackInTime from the limited user account because this account does not have sudoers permission, which I don't want to change, as it is one of the main security reasons I use a limited user account for everyday computing.

Cheers

Frank
      Last edited by frankus333; Aug 21, 2014, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X