X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird bug with soundcard.

Hello!
    I have problem with getting my mic to work. I'm using Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium SB0880 and whenever i test input channel, it's playing Amarok sounds.
    In Teamspeak, changing the sound engine doesn't do anything.
    I tried to install driver provided by Creative, but it won't compile.

(kinda translated to english)

wojciech@wojciech-MS-7752:~/Dokumenty/XFiDrv_Linux_Public_US_1.00$ sudo make
    make -C /lib/modules/3.13.0-30-generic/build M=/home/wojciech/Dokumenty/XFiDrv_Linux_Public_US_1.00
    make[1]: Entering folder `/usr/src/linux-headers-3.13.0-30-generic'
    CC [M] /home/wojciech/Dokumenty/XFiDrv_Linux_Public_US_1.00/xfi.o
    /home/wojciech/Dokumenty/XFiDrv_Linux_Public_US_1.00/xfi.c:14:26: fatal error: sound/driver.h: No such folder or file
    #include <sound/driver.h>
    ^
    compilation terminated.
    make[2]: *** [/home/wojciech/Dokumenty/XFiDrv_Linux_Public_US_1.00/xfi.o] Błąd 1
    make[1]: *** [_module_/home/wojciech/Dokumenty/XFiDrv_Linux_Public_US_1.00] Błąd 2
    make[1]: Opuszczenie katalogu `/usr/src/linux-headers-3.13.0-30-generic'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    wojciech@wojciech-MS-7752:~/Dokumenty/XFiDrv_Linux_Public_US_1.00$

http://i.imgur.com/e6mQ03Y.jpg

Please help me

Okay, i solved the problem with mixing the output with input channel. I had to go into alsamixer, view all volume sliders and mute the Mic with "CAPTURE" label.
    http://i.imgur.com/UdN88Tg.jpg

Still have no luck getting mic to work. I've read that there is asound config file, but i have no clue how to configure it.
    Another thing which i noticed is something related to Flexi Jack option. In windows i can use Line-In as microphone. I have set Microphone as recording source in pavucontrol and plugged mic to Line-In. Now it works, but i need to use front panel connector because i have too short cord in my mic.
    Last edited by Voytas; Jun 29, 2014, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Hmmmm mebbe we could use a person of your expertise, newly found, around here to help others!

I don't know that we have exchanged phosphors before, hello!

woodsmoke

Comment

Hello and thanks for such words. But I still need to get my front panel mic-in to work!
        Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
        X