Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interrupted installation - Filesystem lost?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
    Well if we are lucky, the new packages (a LOT - more than I would expect) will fix things, fill any missing holes if you will.

If you are not sure, post the output of apt-get dist-upgrade (without letting it perform the process) to show us what exactly is being done.
    Problem solved! Since I had nothing else to lose (well actually I had... but anyway...) I did this from tty1:

Code:
    sudo apt-get upgrade
    and after reboot, I could login easily.
    I just noticed that it's saying that I still have some more updates to do (including 40 MB of Application updates and 1 GB of system updates...). I suppose I can run these updates from within KDE right?
    It's a little late now, so I'll continue tomorrow. If anything weird happens I'll let you know. I'm still not counting my chickens, until I test everything...
    I appreciate what you guys have done!
    Regards.
    Last edited by eamner; Jun 20, 2014, 09:27 PM.
    My music!

Comment

Originally posted by bweinel View Post
      Yes. If you have more than one desktop manager loaded, lightdm allows you to select which one to start there. In most Kubuntu installations this isn't the case.

cheers,
      bill
      Thanks Bill!
      My music!

Comment

Glad to hear that it's fixed. You should be able to install additional updates from the desktop now. Please mark this thread as solved when you have a minute.

cheers,
        bill
        sigpic
        A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. --Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
        X