This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two network cards

OK, so this is the situation I have. I'm running a compy which originally had FreeBSD on it and which a friend of mine had configured to route an internet connection. After I discovered I'm retarded and my modem has a built in router, I installed Dapper on it and have been using it for music and stuff like that. It still has two network cards, though, and I'd like to use it in my college dorm to share the internet connection to my Windows XP SP2 laptop (being a poor college student, I'd like to try to do this without having to buy anything if I can help it...). Keeping in mind that I'm fairly new to Linux and don't have a lot of advanced knowledge in networking, is there any way I can do this fairly easily? Whatever I do, I have to make sure I can still see my college's network behind the kubuntu machine, and since it is already a firewalled connection coming from the college, I'd rather not firewall it again. I will add that I also like to do things the hard way around sometimes (this is one of those times...), so I'm not entirely averse to a complex sollution as long as I can understand what it is I've got to do.
Working...
X