Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to know how to do this after a post is made.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to know how to do this after a post is made.

It is not offered where you can notify a problem as solved. You can not edit the first post, because Prefix doesn't appear after a post is executed. You can abandon a post before it is posted, as offered in the prefix above. But how do I abandon a bad post I have made or one that gets no response? Thanks!

Click on the drop down menu, "Thread Tools" on the top right of your post. Because you started it you can change it to "solved". The "abandoned" might have another meaning here? I assume it is not talking about the thread or the topic but software and tools sometimes get abandoned by those who made it. But wouldn't know, I didn't set up the forum.

Comment

Actually, I have seen posts that have been abandoned and marked properly. What reason would a pereson have to put "Abandoned" in the prefix window? I am sure I just do not understand something. Thanks for trying. Abandoned means something entirely different to me than "solved", and in my opinion would mislead a reader.
      Originally posted by Simon View Post
      Click on the drop down menu, "Thread Tools" on the top right of your post. Because you started it you can change it to "solved". The "abandoned" might have another meaning here? I assume it is not talking about the thread or the topic but software and tools sometimes get abandoned by those who made it. But wouldn't know, I didn't set up the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Shabakthanai View Post
        Actually, I have seen posts that have been abandoned and marked properly.
        The OP can edit the post, and can edit the subject, and so add a prefix manually, so to speak.

Regards, John Little
        Regards, John Little

Comment

Working...
        X