X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox only works if Konqueror running

Hi

I have a small problem that I would be grateful for any help in resolving. I have installed Kubuntu 6.06 and on the whole the system works very well. However, I am unable to get Firefox to browse the internet unless I have Konqueror also browsing the same domain address.

Also I cannot get Adept or Synaptic to download/update from repositories. I have updated the sources.list using the ubuntu auto sources.list generator. When I go into Adept and search for updates the status bars remains at 0%.

My internet connection setup is: BT DSL to a Netgear DG632 modem: to a Netgear WPN824 wireless router: to computer. I connect to the wireless router through a wired connection as I cannot get the wifi connection to work yet. Hence the need to get Adept/Synaptic working to get the required software.

I would point out that I am new to Kubuntu Linux in fact Linux as in general, however, I am willing to get my hands dirty and start learning a new OS.

Thanks in advance for your help and patience
    Andy

Re: Firefox only works if Konqueror running

i too have this problem.. i just installed firefox and it wont work. Something about the network config but when konqueror is on the same site it works fine.........
    Kubuntu Gutsy Gibbon - Registered Linux User--> # 15709

Comment

Re: Firefox only works if Konqueror running

I FIXED IT*** This is how i did it...i opened up firefox and type in the address bar about:config. Then i changed network.dns.disableIPv6 to true cause it was on false before.

Hope this works for other people....
      Kubuntu Gutsy Gibbon - Registered Linux User--> # 15709

Comment

Working...
      X