Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Screen portions flashing different colors.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen portions flashing different colors.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot.png
Views:	2
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	648185In trying to correct problems I have been having with Kubuntu 14.04, I decided to check all settings in System Settings. I made a few adjustments, enough to not be able to remember them all when this color changing effect started to happen. Right now, the window I am typing in is pink while the Kubuntu forums bar is gray. The bar at the top of the screen shows the Firefox and next displayed symbol purple. The Help the New Guy - Post New Thread - Mozilla firefox is blue and the balance of the line purple. The second and third lines of this text just became blue while the 3rd and forth went from pink to purple, now pink again. My second monitor has the starting desktop page but it is a blue-purple color and the analog clock widget shows a square area surrounding the clock which changes color from gray to gold to red to blue to purple randomly and not in a consistent pattern. Has anyone seen anything like this.

Four of my favorite widgets will not work suggesting OpenGl is required. I tried each of the three OpenGl settings and none worked. I checked my video card and the latest OpenGl is supported. Any ideas friends. The color changing thing is interesting but distracting. I don't think I will be able to tollerate it for very long. Thanks for any input.
    Last edited by Shabakthanai; May 16, 2014, 05:06 AM.

I attempted to add two attachments but they would not upload.
    Originally posted by Shabakthanai View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]4920[/ATTACH]In trying to correct problems I have been having with Kubuntu 14.04, I decided to check all settings in System Settings. I made a few adjustments, enough to not be able to remember them all when this color changing effect started to happen. Right now, the window I am typing in is pink while the Kubuntu forums bar is gray. The bar at the top of the screen shows the Firefox and next displayed symbol purple. The Help the New Guy - Post New Thread - Mozilla firefox is blue and the balance of the line purple. The second and third lines of this text just became blue while the 3rd and forth went from pink to purple, now pink again. My second monitor has the starting desktop page but it is a blue-purple color and the analog clock widget shows a square area surrounding the clock which changes color from gray to gold to red to blue to purple randomly and not in a consistent pattern. Has anyone seen anything like this.

Four of my favorite widgets will not work suggesting OpenGl is required. I tried each of the three OpenGl settings and none worked. I checked my video card and the latest OpenGl is supported. Any ideas friends. The color changing thing is interesting but distracting. I don't think I will be able to tollerate it for very long. Thanks for any input.

Comment

Problem solved by re-installing the operating system.

Originally posted by Shabakthanai View Post
      I attempted to add two attachments but they would not upload.

Comment

Working...
      X