This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crossword Forge works in Trusty

Anyone who knows my history may remember that I have quite often mentioned that there are only two programs which keep the old woodsmoker back from being Linux "only".

The two programs were/are "Crossword Forge" and "TestGen".

To stave off rants please believe that the old woodsmoker is COMPLETELY conversant with any and all possible crossword programs which run natively under Linux and they do not meet the "particular" needs of what I do for my classes and in my book publishing.

So, the above aside, I was very PLEASANTLY surprised that the upgrade from Saucy to Trusty, version of Wine, I guess, presented a completely operational Crossword Forge under Kubuntu Trusty.

There are probably zero people at the forum who actually "need" a crossword program but I would mention that the site says that there are free upgrades and same day service, they are completely correct.

I net installed Crossword Forge on my Vista Machine and also purchased the cd.

I do not know if a "net install" will work under Wine for Kubuntu, maybe I'll try it some day.

If anyone has a particular question about CF please ask and I will respond to the best of my humble abilities.

woodsmoke
Working...
X