X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid guy but willing to learn

Hey guys,

My friends at school showed me Kubuntu, and told me all the nice things like it can configure your wires nic card on your laptop automatically, unlike suze 10.1 where you still have to configure it. My question is, what is the difference between Kubuntu and Ubuntu? Another question is, If I play world of warcraft, and I want to play it on Kubuntu or Ubuntu, is there A way to play World of warcraft of those OS? Thank guys for your help, so far I hear nothing but good reports about this OS

Re: Stupid guy but willing to learn

The major difference between Ubuntu and Kubuntu is the desktop environment....Kubuntu uses KDE, and Ubuntu uses Gnome. I've tried both, and personally prefer KDE, but it's pretty much down to personal preference as far as I can tell. If you install Ubuntu, you can always add KDE later, and vice-versa. WoW wise, you can use Cedega to run Windows games....it's not free tho.

Comment

Hey thanks for the information, I think I will stick with Kubuntu then, I am use to KDE since I have been using Fedora for a month, and with KDE is usually on my fedora (sadly i use the OS, but not for long), i will stick with KDE, so thanks again. For WoW, So there is a way to play WOW on kubuntu, which I have to buy Cedega, where do I buy this? and also how does this run? does it run like Windows pc anywhere?

Comment

I've not used cedega, this lappy isn't up to running games, and the gaming machine has windoze on it....

Have a look at the site I linked, should be able to tell you more.

Comment

Not a gamer myself, but I believe that I have read on these forums that WoW will run using Wine. May be worth a look as you won't have to spend money on it.

Just my 2c.
          I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.<br /><br />Registered Linux User No. 402825

Comment

not usualy a guy who buys software when i can get it free lol. but cedega is well worth it. it takes a minute to figer out for me it did any way. but it was one of those it was simple and i missed it deals. cedega is well worth it and its only like 15 bucks

Comment

Working...
            X