This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facebook Texas Holdem size changed after distro upgrade

After upgrade, Holdem game is miniaturized and I am unable to get help from Firefox. I tried to upload a screen print, however it failed. Even in Gimp, the file menu and dropdowns are so small, I get a headache trying to read them.

I am able to increase font size in this forum. I currently have it at 240%, however when at 100%, the menu and dropdowns are too small to see except I put my face on the screen and squint.

This may not be the appropriate question for my need, but I don't know how to better word what I need. Even the symbols and icons on this screen are too small to read.

Hi
    If you could please post:
    a) your video hardware
    b) in settings, the particular drivers in use

I am quite sure that people much more knowledgable than myself will pop along with a fix.

However, as an interim thing you might check the drivers menu and determine if the optimal driver is in use, (you did not post whether you did or did not do that).

woodsmoke

Comment

I am using Kubuntu 14.04 right now and the entry for upgrade of drivers is no longer in the same place as before; it is in a Driver Manager Directory of System Settings.

The following are what you requested, I believe:

XFX Radeon H7850 Double Dissipation, PCI Express 3.0, 2GB DDR5, Dual Mini-displayPort | HDMI | HDMI

In Driver manager – System Settings

Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD.ATI] Pitcairn PRO [Radeon HD 7850] – using X.Org X server – AMD/ATI display driver wrapper from xserver-xorg-video-ati (Recommended Driver). It is a situation I have not seen in my 20 years computing. The advertising and periferee of the page is in normal larger type size, however the game itself is smaller than normal fine print. Adobe Flash runs the game, so it may be a flash problem (something I do not much understand), but it worked fine in Kubunto 13.10 and previous distributions. I hope I can fix this, it is not a problem when I open Windows 7, but I hate that operating system and only ever use it should the Linux Ap crash or an occasion like this. I really have nothing against Microsoft products, it is just that they are so inferior and require too much extra clicking of the mouse, and you have to pretty much use their idea of aesthetics, which is miles from Kubuntu. Thanks for responding, friend.
      Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
      Hi
      If you could please post:
      a) your video hardware
      b) in settings, the particular drivers in use

I am quite sure that people much more knowledgable than myself will pop along with a fix.

However, as an interim thing you might check the drivers menu and determine if the optimal driver is in use, (you did not post whether you did or did not do that).

woodsmoke

Comment

What are your resolution and dimensions? Open a terminal and type

xdpyinfo |grep res
        xdpyinfo |grep dim

Report the output.

Please Read Me

Comment

steven@Yeshuah-desktop:~$ xdpyinfo |grep res
          Present
          resolution: 96x96 dots per inch
          KeyPressMask KeyReleaseMask EnterWindowMask
          steven@Yeshuah-desktop:~$ xdpyinfo |grep dim
          dimensions: 3840x1080 pixels (1013x285 millimeters)
          steven@Yeshuah-desktop:~$

Both monitors have an aspect-ratio of 1920 x 1080, if that may be useful information.
          Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
          What are your resolution and dimensions? Open a terminal and type

xdpyinfo |grep res
          xdpyinfo |grep dim

Report the output.

Comment

Originally posted by Shabakthanai View Post
            Present

Both monitors have an aspect-ratio of 1920 x 1080, if that may be useful information.
            That looks normal. Must be something to do with the driver. Does the driver tool give any other options?

Could also be a gtk vs. qt thing. Verify you have oxygen-gtk in System Settings > Application Appearance > GTK and you have a large font selected there.

Please Read Me

Comment

What size are the monitors? Are they super-high resolution? Maybe your DPI is too small.

Please Read Me

Comment

Kubuntu 14.04 no longer has a drivers update directory to update video drivers, and Catalyst doesn't open, because it says I do not have any AMD ATI drivers installed. Since Kubuntu provided compatible ATI drivers, and I cannot find them in the package manager, I will have to try the AMD site again. I don't know what else to do. Thanks for trying.
                Present

Comment

Kubuntu 14.04 no longer has a drivers update directory to update video drivers
                  Uhhh, I don't believe there is a language barrier between us but maybe it's vocabulary

In System Settings is under System Administration a Driver Manager...
                  It replaces what used to be called Jockey.

Comment

I have tried all the available drivers on the screen capture and nothing corrects the problem.Click image for larger version

Name:	Driver.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	640769The only thing that makes sense to me is that Kubuntu's version of Flash is not working properly, but I have been unable to find and install an update. Do you have any further ideas?
                    Originally posted by Teunis View Post
                    Uhhh, I don't believe there is a language barrier between us but maybe it's vocabulary

In System Settings is under System Administration a Driver Manager...
                    It replaces what used to be called Jockey.

Comment

Right, re-reading this thread I now realise your problem is not necessarily the screen dpi or font size of Kubuntu but the fact a Flash game comes up tiny?
                      If I misunderstood your problem, sorry and ignore the following.

If this is a Flash problem I assume this can be a Flash/Browser issue, have you tried another browser like Chrome that has it's own Flash implementation?

Comment

Working...
                      X