Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YAKUAKE - after distro upgrade, how do I change configuration in the application

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YAKUAKE - after distro upgrade, how do I change configuration in the application

In the previous distributions of Kubuntu, I was able to change the background color and font color in the application Yakuake.

After the Distro-upgrade to 14.04, I am unable to find a method to do so. The default color scheem is pale aqua text over a pale grey background. It is difficult to read. Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	YakuakeSettings.png
Views:	1
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	640743
    Right-click on the word Shell and click on Edit Current Profile...
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thank you, however in the past, I was able to choose both background and font color. Apparently that option no longer exists, unless I am unable to recognize the option properly. If you know how to select a background color and also a font color, please advise. Nice to see you again friend.
      Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]4872[/ATTACH]
      Right-click on the word Shell and click on Edit Current Profile...

Comment

When you are in Edit Current Profile, click on the Appearance tab.

Comment

I have done that, my friend, but my choice for background is the dark green, and my choice for the font is a bright turquois. That makes a nicer contrast for me. I used to be able to make it, but I no longer find anything except the choices they provide. When did they eliminate the option for changing both background color, as well as, font color. Or am I missing something that you can see? I am confused. Certainly it is not a criticle matter, however, the thing I like most about Kubuntu is and has been its ability to configure to our choices. I suspect it is right there in front of me, and I am unable to see it. Had my 71st in March; maybe it is an age thing. Loosing my marbles.
          When you are in Edit Current Profile, click on the Appearance tab.

Comment

You only have one? Do you not see this:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Appearance.png
Views:	1
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	640749

Comment

Alternatively you might be able to change the appearance via the setting of Konsole.

Comment

I am embarrassed. I should not trust my memory. I was looking for an entry that did not exist and overlooked the edit new option. I apologize for wasting so much of your time. Thanks for your patience, and I hope understanding.
                You only have one? Do you not see this:
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]4881[/ATTACH]
                Yes, my choice is the bottom entry, nevertheless, the font color is gray and I want to change the font collor to a bright turquois. Using your example, how do I do this?
                Last edited by Shabakthanai; Apr 26, 2014, 09:52 PM.

Comment

After choosing "Solarized" click on Edit, then choose Foreground, select Named Colors, then choose which shade of turquoise you desire.
                  Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
                  Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

Working...
                  X