Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it really possible to install Kubuntu?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it really possible to install Kubuntu?

My specs are:

AMD X2 4600+
    Asus M2N32-SLi Deluxe Motherboard
    2X1GB Corsair DDRII RAM
    S-ATA 160MB Maxtor DiamondMax HDD
    Sont Floppy Drive (which isn't reading disks)
    7600GT 256MB

I was first reccommended the X86 architecture, but during the first few seconds of instillation is came up with loads of errors about something not working with a timer, try APIC= something. How do I change all these boot settings? Nobody has made this clear to beginners.

So I lost patience and made an AMD64 Kubuntu CD, this goes further and loads the kernel, but then freezes on this famous blue bar screen. I wonder if I am ever going to get to install Kubuntu, because at the moment it remains a fantasy.

Those of you that are clever enough to know what's going on, please help! By the sounds of it there are a lot of people that are looking for these answers. Thanks

Re: Is it really possible to install Kubuntu?

please somebody help!!!

Comment

I am no expert, but ...

Have you tried configuring your graphics card? I have an ATI card, and that was my problem. You clearly do not, but still maybe it's worth a try.

If nothing else, maybe this will bump the topic so someone who knows what to do can read it.

Comment

I'm an experienced Linux user and recently picked up a cheap AMD64 barebones box and installed Kubuntu. This is my first foray into AMD64 territory. The Biostar motherboard in Nvidia based and the Kubuntu install kept hanging on me. I downloaded and burned the alternate non-graphical CD and it went fine. After the installation my ehternet card would stop working after 15-20 minutes and I would get a hard system lockup after 20-25 minutes of use. I installed the closed NFORCE drivers for the sound and ethernet card as well as the latest NVIDIA video drivers. All is well now.

Comment

Working...
        X