This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All open windows suddenly displayed simultaneously

Maybe the title isn't exact, but sometimes, somehow, I do something that causes all the open windows on all my virtual desktops to be displayed on the screen simultaneously. I can escape by clicking on an empty space, but I'd rather it didn't happen.

I think it's something in the settings, but I don't know.

Please, can somebody help me?

Thanks

The effect is most commonly accidentally triggered by hot corner/edge, that is moving the mouse to a specific edge or corner of the screen (although it is also possible to trigger it with keyboard shortcut), the settings for hot corners/edges are in SystemSettings>WorkspaceBehavior>ScreenEdges

Comment

As kubicle explained.

Plus it's a very desirable quick switch between open windows because you can click on the window you're looking for.

Comment

Yeah, but at my age, I get confused too easily. Things flashing in front of my eyes? No thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle View Post
          The effect is most commonly accidentally triggered by hot corner/edge, that is moving the mouse to a specific edge or corner of the screen (although it is also possible to trigger it with keyboard shortcut), the settings for hot corners/edges are in SystemSettings>WorkspaceBehavior>ScreenEdges
          Kubicle, thanks.

I've disabled all "screen edge" actions, and it seems to have stopped.

Cheers

Comment

It's called "Present Windows". If you wanted other screen edge stuff, but not that, disable the "Present Windows" desktop effect in System settings->desktop effects->all effects tab.

Regards, John Little
            Regards, John Little

Comment

John, many thanks for that pointer.

I've found and disabled) several little effects that were annoying me. I'm happy now.

Cheers

Comment

Well, almost....

Since we're on a roll here, let's go for broke.

I have the "pager" widget in my bottom panel. When I hover over a virtual desktop, a bubble pops up with details of the windows and applications on that desktop. None of the "pager" settings seem to affect this - can I disable it in any other way?

Similarly with the top panel. I have several icons there, for the most commonly used applications - when I hover over one, a bubble pops down telling me what it is. I don't need to be told. Can I stop this as well?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jollyjack View Post
                  Can I stop this as well?
                  SystemSettings>WorkspaceBehavior>Workspace>Show Informational Tips

Comment

Perfect!

NOW I'm happy!

Many thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X