X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clean install auth.log dbus message

Hi,

A clean install of 13.10 to a desktop machine. The following message keeps appearing in auth.log
    Code:
    Apr  3 11:36:59 zzrick-HP-xw4600-Workstation dbus[718]: [system] Rejected send message, 7 matched rules; type="method_return", sender=":1.42" (uid=0 pid=1543 comm="/usr/sbin/dnsmasq --no-resolv --keep-in-foreground") interface="(unset)" member="(unset)" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination=":1.9" (uid=0 pid=1068 comm="NetworkManager ")
    Can I safely ignore this message?

Thanks.
    Last edited by brendan; Apr 03, 2014, 09:08 AM. Reason: typo

same problem

Did you manage to resolve this issue? Was it relevant for anything?

I get the same message (only computer name and pids are different, obviously)

My system crashes after getting to the splash screen. It switches to a black screen with a blinking cursor. Then nothing happens for many minutes. When I switch to text mode over ctrl-alt-fx, I can enter my user name and password before the system freezes.

So far, I've checked memory and the disk over the BIOS menu (passed the tests). I am now on the same laptop with a livecd. I've checked packages in a chroot with apt-get -f install (no conflict), and I've installed the xdm as default, to see if it helps (it doesn't).

I don't know which other log file to check, or what to fix. Please help. I'd be happy to report log file contents.

Comment

Sorry I did not resolve this. My supervisor wanted Mate so I installed Linux Mint Mate instead.

Comment

Originally posted by benji1a View Post
        I get the same message (only computer name and pids are different, obviously)
        Out of curiosity, if you edit the file /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf and comment the line dns=dnsmasq, does the problem go away?

Comment

no the error still occures

Comment

FWIW, that message appears consistently in my auth.log file, too. And I'm not having any problems related to networking or graphics. So, brendan, yes you can safely ignore it.

Comment

Working...
            X