This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I reinstall kubuntu 13.10 + updates from Terminal

My current install of kubuntu 13.10, even with all current updates, is full of problems. It is driving me crazy!!
    I would like to uninstall and reinstall including all current updates.
    Can this be accomplished in one single terminal command?
    If not, what do you suggest?
    Apart from backing up my home directory (hidden files too??), is there anything else I should backup?
    Please end this nightmare by giving me the magic solution!!

But, before I do that, I need to fix this problem:
    After downloading latest updates. On rebooting,this was displayed:

Gave up waiting for root device - missing modules (cat /proc/modules: ls .dev)
    ALERT! /dev/disk/by-uuid/ f42 ecd94-902c-4b8e-b594-554d70blecf3 does not exist.
    =dev/sdc1 TYPE="ext4"
    Partition table entries are not in disk order
    (initramfs)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Partitions.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	648090

Look forward to an early reply.

I would start clean if I was you ,,,,,,,,that is to say do a fresh install letting the installer format / and ~/ (thats /home/you) ,,,,,,,,,,of course save anything you do not want to lose .

the error you are showing is becose a drive that the system is looking for (presumably to mount) has goten it's UUID changed some how........I think you have been doing some drive swaping or repartitioning ,,,,,,,?

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Besides /home folders, including hidden files, anything else of importance I should save?
      -/var/cache/apt/archives?

Comment

I would not keep your /home folders in the new install,, some of the settings kept from a bad install will be the problems with a new install ,,,,,,,unless you mean to keep them in a storage location and not to "reuse-them"

in short I am suggesting a totaly new/clean install do not reuse a thing from the current one

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
        X