Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I allocate more HD space for Kubuntu?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
    So sorry Mr Smurf I should have not chimed in so fast wile so tired or I would have noticed that line from post #88 should have ended in /sda instead of /sda3 .
    I am glad it did not cause you to much trouble and that you are golden now ,,,,,,,you and oshunluvr had done so much work .

VINNY
    Hey, guy, no problem. As for me, I have depended so heavily on forums such as this that I know if one person sticks with me to become an ongoing 'mentor' for my issue, I will tunnel down on his responses. Keep up your expert responses for the forum. It might be you I will pester next.
    (pssst, everyone, I'm about to start a new thread, searching for guidance on my next issue, having to do with networking)
    Using Linux only for a few years, using mostly mouse on GUI (sorry gurus). Kubuntu 19.04 beta on home-built: GigaByte board - AMD Phenom II, 3000 6 core, RAM 4 Gb,

Comment

oshunluvr

humbly, I thank you for your patience and persistence in mentoring me thru this maze. Maybe someday, after working with Linux for a few years, I will begin to comprehend what was for me, incomprehensible.
      Thank you.
      Using Linux only for a few years, using mostly mouse on GUI (sorry gurus). Kubuntu 19.04 beta on home-built: GigaByte board - AMD Phenom II, 3000 6 core, RAM 4 Gb,

Comment

No problem. The universe and karma require that I give back at least as much as I have received over the years. We stumbled a bit here and there, but we got there in the end.

The way we set it up you now have space reserved for another distro, a "practice" install, or for future upgrades. I tend to distrust the Ubuntu upgrade cycle - I feel like I just get all the kinks worked out and it's time to upgrade. So I use the dual install method. You could now install the Alpha version of 14.04 on /dev/sda4 and boot to it, start configuring it in your leisure, and when or if you feel like changing over, you need only change the default boot for grub. Then your old install becomes your backup in case you break your main install. When it's time to upgrade again, you simply wipe the older install and keep the other as your new backup - leapfrogging at each install.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
        X