This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound no longer comes out of my speakers

I can plug them into the headphone jack and get sound from two (of four) speakers and the subwoof but nothing occurs when I have them plugged into the regular sound ports that I always have, it just quit working one day. Any idears?
    Last edited by KudosMatrix7; Jan 18, 2014, 02:43 PM.

check "alsamixer" and see if any of your channels are muted ,,,,,the PCM channel comes to mind as I have had updates some times mute it ,, and then you hear nothing .

use the arrow keys to <> to switch between channels and ^ and down to change volume level ,,,,,,plus check audio setup >>right click the speaker icon>audio setup>audio hardware setup tab>profile drop down list and see if your on the right profile for the on board audio outputs , also check the conector drop down (the list hear will change as you change profiles)

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Ah thank you so much, how is it I get to Alsamixer? And since there are a million posts to sort through, how do I check my Kubuntu Version?
      Last edited by KudosMatrix7; Jan 20, 2014, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KudosMatrix7 View Post
        I can plug them into the headphone jack and get sound from two (of four) speakers and the subwoof but nothing occurs when I have them plugged into the regular sound ports that I always have, it just quit working one day. Any idears?
        you might want to look into the phonon controls ..
        check system settings-> multimedia->audio and video settings -> audio hardware setup
        in this tab you can set the output mode and perfered output ports for a device.
        select your sound card and under profile you might want to select a profile that has 4 output channels or more. you can also test your different speakers in this section. the speakers will be tested based from the connector selected .
        Originally posted by KudosMatrix7 View Post
        Ah thank you so much, how is it I get to Alsamixer? And since there are a million posts to sort through, how do I check my Kubuntu Version?
        you shouldn't need to install it just run it use the command "alsamixer" in konsole (the kde terminal program)
        to find your version you can use kinfocenter -> about system to see what kubuntu version you have kmenu ->applications->system is where you will find kinfocenter (Info Center)
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
        X