This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no sound

how do I enable the sound on kubuntu 12.04 version Linux 3.2.0-58 [i686]?
    This is al lnew to me , so please be patient with me. mikeyleon
    Last edited by Snowhog; Jan 16, 2014, 10:35 AM.

Hi
    It would be VERY HELPFUL if you would give the kind folks here some small amount of infornation about your hardware.

"sound" really is a rather complex interaction between the "hardware" and the "available software"... there is ALSA etc. etc...

So, please come back with a relatively good description of the hardware platform which you are running and all these people will be more than glad to help.

woodhadproblemsmyselfsmoke

Comment

I think what woodsmoke meant to say was that giving us the following information would help a lot:

1. What kind of computer do you have?

2. Do you have a dedicated sound card?

3. What graphics card are you using?
      To find this out, in the launcher (start button), go to System > Kinfocenter. When this comes up, you'll see a menu on the left. Click on Graphical Information and then double click on OpenGL. Your graphics card will be listed under Driver > Renderer.

4. What graphics driver are you using?
      Follow the instruction above. The driver should be listed under Driver > OpenGL/ES version

5. What output method are you attempting to use? (Headphone jack, HDMI cable etc)

5. Do any listed devices work?
      To test this, open System Settings and go to Multimedia. From there, navigate to Audio and Video Settings. This will bring up your audio settings. Your audio playback devices are listed on the right. To test them, click on a device and then click Test, found on the bottom right. I would go through and test every listed device. If one works, you can click Prefer to move it to the top of the list. If they dont work, then we at least know where you stand and can help you from there.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
        Hi
        It would be VERY HELPFUL if you would give the kind folks here some small amount of infornation about your hardware.

"sound" really is a rather complex interaction between the "hardware" and the "available software"... there is ALSA etc. etc...

So, please come back with a relatively good description of the hardware platform which you are running and all these people will be more than glad to help.

woodhadproblemsmyselfsmoke
        I think woodsmoke was saying: Read this -> >>> PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING IN HELP THE NEW GUY <<<
        Last edited by oshunluvr; Jan 19, 2014, 10:15 AM.

Please Read Me

Comment

is your sound muted or set to a very low volume? you should check the mixer (look in the tray) and make sure all your sound levels are up.l
          Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
          (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
          X