This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 little questions

1- I want that the command toggle-compiz-nvidia be executed at the logon. How can i do that. (i've installed the XGL with automatixbleeder, and they say to execute this command manualy, or at the logon)

2 - How can i enable the numlock by default (start kubuntu with numlock activated)

3- During the instalation, i've selected the right keyboard language (in this case, Portuguese), but i can't use the keys that need Alt Gr ( @£§€{[]}€ ). How can i solve this? (the keyboard is a Microsoft Wired Keyboard 500, and works fine in Ubuntu, but in Kubuntu happens this)

Re: 3 little questions

Q1: Add the line to a file in the /home/Red_Beret/.kde/Autostart/ directory called, (perhaps) start_compiz
    Code:
    #! /bin/bash
    toggle-compiz-nvidia
    exit 0
    Q2: K>"System Settings">Keyboard>"Numlock on KDE startup">"Turn On"

Q3: I'm sorry, I can't help, but I'd look in System Settings>"Regional & Accessibility". you may have to add something. to the standard Pt keyboard.

Comment

I too have problems with the right alt key (Alt Gr) after I installed xgl. In an ordinary kde session, I can use the Alt Gr key just fine. But in xgl, I can't - so I can't write characters like {}[]$.

Btw, changing the keyboard layout from System Settings > Regional Settings in xgl mode don't work for me. And changing it from console with 'setxkbmap -model pc104 -layout no' returns:

Couldn't interpret _XKB_RULES_NAMES property
      Use defaults: rules - 'xorg' model - 'pc101' layout - 'us'

So I had to edit the xorg.conf file to get my norwegian keyboard layout back after I installed xgl. This made everything work just fine, except from the Alt Gr button.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

I finally found a solution myself.

If anyone is interrested, here it is:

From console I made a xmodmap file. I called it xmodmap.no, because I think that's the usual name for a xmodmap file for norwegian keyboard layout. I did this with:

xmodmap -pke>xmodmap.no

Then I opened this file in Kate and changed the line that contains 'keycode 113' to:

keycode 113 = Mode_switch

I then saved the file, and from console I ran:

xmodmap xmodmap.no

That did the trick

Comment

Working...
        X