This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Install .sh

I downloaded a .bin file, ran it, it unpacked a few folders, and several files. There was a "Read Me" file with instructions on how to install it. First you copy/move one file to the /opt folder, then you open a terminal and type in "source SetUpEnv.sh". Of course Kubuntu does not use "source" command. Now I have been trying to install using
    1. ./
    2. sudo ./
    3. sudo source ./
    4. dpkg
    5. apt-file search SetUpEnv.sh
    6. Sudo #!/bin/sh/ SetUpEnv.sh
    7.bash -x ./ SetUpEnv.sh
    8. ./N750-GPL-1.00.42.bin (original downloaded folder)
    9. chmod +x
    10.chmod a+x
    11 chmod 700
    12 chmod 777

Here is the output when I run the command:

robby@robby-Aspire-5734Z:~/Downloads$ ./SetUpEnv.sh
    robby@robby-Aspire-5734Z:~/Downloads$

Here is the contents of SetUoEnv.sh when opened with Kate

#!/bin/bash
    #
    # this script use to setting the Beechnut's project build environment
    #
    TOOLCHAINDIR=/opt/mipsel-linux-uclibc
    BEECHNUT_CODEDIR=`pwd`
    PRJ=project
    TOP_PROJECT=$BEECHNUT_CODEDIR/$PRJ
    VENDORNAME=belkin

export BEECHNUT_CODEDIR TOOLCHAINDIR TOP_PROJECT

#
    # put TOOLCHAINDIR into PATH
    #
    if ! echo ${PATH} | /bin/grep -q ${TOOLCHAINDIR}/bin ; then
    PATH=${TOOLCHAINDIR}/bin:${PATH}
    fi
    export LANG=en_US.UTF-8
    PROJECT_PATH=$BEECHNUT_CODEDIR/project/belkin/WG9117A23-AK/F9K1103v1_DB-N750
    export PROJ_INCLUDE=$PROJECT_PATH
    OUTPATH="$BEECHNUT_CODEDIR/Build/belkin/WG9117A23-AK/F9K1103v1_DB-N750"
    export PROJ_OUTPUT=$OUTPATH
    export PROJ_HW_REV=N750_V1_VB

alias brh='cd $PROJECT_PATH'
    alias out='cd $OUTPATH'
    alias src='cd $BEECHNUT_CODEDIR/src/router'
    alias kernel='cd $BEECHNUT_CODEDIR/src/linux'
    alias uboot='cd $BEECHNUT_CODEDIR/Uboot'

That's just what I've done today, I've been working on this for over a week, and just don't remember everything I've tried. This is a driver for my wireless router that I really need. The file is from Belkin and downloaded from Softpedia. So I feel I can trust it, I very rarely download anything, unless it's an emergency.

So can someone tell me something that might help?

A link to the file you downloaded might help.
    Why do you need a driver for a router? Are you trying to install a firmware update for it?

More info would be helpful here.

Comment

To answer your questions first, I need the driver because the router has two usb ports on the back, they will not work correctly until you install the driver. I need to hook an external hdd, and a printer into the router to get my network set up. Instead of having the printer in the floor behind my chair, so it's not visible, and every one having to either grab the printer and carry it another room, or bring their laptop in the living room sit down on the floor and hook up the printer. Then trying to tack down the hdd sometimes is headache. When I plug the external hdd into the usb on the router, I can see it just fine, however moving stuff back and forth is not always possible, and the printer does not exist when plugged in to the router. I completely forgot to mention earlier that the driver was actually written for OpenSuSe, but should work on other distro's. I'm hoping it will, if I can just get it installed I really thing it will work. Here's the link to the download location

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/FIR...or-Linux.shtml

Comment

Nooooo, that file is a firmware update that needs to be installed on the router, NOT on your Kubuntu system.
        ---
        EDIT:: that file linked on softpedia might be the actual source code, it is rather large at 242mb. it also does not match the file name (it is not a bin file)
        ---
        I would recommend grabbing the file from belkin instead of some third party site!!
        HERE, assuming I have the model right.

If you haven't done so already, check your Router's settings or info to see if you don't already have the latest firmware version.

It would actually be safer to allow the router to download and install the update itself, using its web interface. You can also point it to a downloaded file. The owners' manual will have all the steps needed for this. Using the web interface will also get you to various settings for adding printers and drives, so you won't need a desktop utility. This utility is handy (and windows/mac only) but everything you need is also found using the web interface.

The router acts as both a file and print server, so outside of printer drivers, which I assume that said printer already works in Kubuntu, there is not a need for extra drivers - it is like a shared printer or drive connected to another computer. Actually, it is exactly like that, as the Belkin is actually a very minimal computer.
        Last edited by claydoh; Dec 23, 2013, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X