X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Task Scheduler

Hello,
    I am new to Kubuntu (13.10) and Linux in general (just a few days since installed it) and as i am learning and setting things up i cannot find or install Task Scheduler which i am using all the time in Windows. Any help in that regard is very appreciated.

Many Thanks

Welcome to Kubuntu Forums . Net and to the wonderful world that is Linux.

You can install the program gnome-schedule from either Muon Package Manager or from the command line:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install gnome-schedule
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thank you for reply,
      I did install that program several times over a couple of days but it just wouldn't run for some reason... so i found that KCron was removed(?) along with the whole kdeadmin package from latest releases so i downloaded (installed) it a few minutes ago from this site www.ubuntuupdates.org/package/kubuntu_updates/precise/main/base/kdeadmin and a working Task Scheduler appeared in the "System Administration" part of the "System Settings" panel. Am really wondering why such a useful thing was removed.

Thanks again for help

Comment

kcron
        This package helps migrating from the kcron standalone app to the KDE config module in kde-config-cron.

It is a transitional package that can be safely removed.

Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X