Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have been banned from the KDE forum site and don't know why or how to fix the prob.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been banned from the KDE forum site and don't know why or how to fix the prob.

I have been banned from the KDE Forum site and don't have a clue as to why. I have tried to find a method to find out why. Can anyone help me?

It has been a while since I have done much posting on this site, but there are many of you who recognize my Username. I am confident that no one has ever had reason to complain about me on this or any Web or Forum site. It is both embarrasing and unfair that such a thing can happen without even being able to face you accuser.

I live in the United States, and I realize that many countries require you to prove your innocence rather than an authority entity having to prove your guilt, but if you are not allowed to know who has complained or how to reach them, how can you prove your innocence.

I am soon to be 71 years old. I have outgrown anger, wrong-doing, foul language, or any of the emotional behaviors more found during a person's youth. I am careful to post accurately.

If there is a moderator who is familiar with my postings and also known to the KDE community, please help me. It is very important that I have access to KDE Forums and to restore my good name. Thanks!

You haven't been banned, Steven, and there is no recent discussion about you in the admin section. Why do you think you've been banned? IF you had been banned you would NOT have been able to make the post above. You've only posted a couple questions in the last couple of months, but during August and before you were quite active.

BTW, I'm 72 and have also outgrown the things you mention (unless you ask my wife! ) Keep asking questions. You never can tell how many people are wondering themselves about what you ask!
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I think he said KDE forums.

woodsmoke

Comment

Originally posted by Shabakthanai View Post
        I have been banned from the KDE Forum site...
        What leads you to beleive you have been banned from the site? Were you sent a notice?

Originally posted by Shabakthanai View Post
        ...It has been a while since I have done much posting on this site,...
        The last time you visited the site was August 28th 2012. It looks like all your posts are in 2011. Your profile says registered member. It does not say banned.

I see a post in the KDE Forum Feedback area November 2nd 2011 where you reported someone posted using your username. The post in question was on April 19th 2011.

Is it possible your account has been disabled since you reported that someone posted under your unsername?
        sigpic

Comment

I attempted to ente the KDE forums and got a response that I had been banned. I was embarrassed and wanted to fix the problem as fast as possible, if possible. Is this foum the same for KDE?

In any event the problem was resolved; I was readmitted. Thank goodness. He suggested it may be my lack of recent participation and fixed the problem immediately.

Among my greatest pleasures are my computer, the forums and you guys. Being banned would be like an amputation for me.

You look a lot better than I, March of 43. I hope life continues to bless you as you bless others, my friend.

Comment

Working...
          X