Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How important is it that I update BIOS and drivers if everything seems OK?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How important is it that I update BIOS and drivers if everything seems OK?

I recently installed Kubuntu on a home made PC. Everything is running fine, with the exception of a Creative X-Fi sound card (I know this card does not work with Linux). What I am wondering though is should I update my BIOS and drivers (where possible). I have an Asus A8N-SLI Premium motherboard, AMD 3200+ processor, XFX 7600 video card. Should I even be worrying about this if things are running smoothly?

Re: How important is it that I update BIOS and drivers if everything seems OK?

My suggestion is to leave well enough alone. Most motherboard/computer makers don't recommend that you update your bios unless the update solves a problem you are having. As far as updating your drivers, I would stick to using Adept updater and just apply the updates it offers.

Comment

Re: How important is it that I update BIOS and drivers if everything seems OK?

Famous saying out there.....If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If things are running and you aren't having any issues or feel that a BIOS update might fix a hardware issue or something, then leave well enough alone.

Comment

Working...
      X