This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adobe flash

I installed adobe flash along with its dependencies but it doesn't work. I know in some distros you have to create a symlink. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks

Did you download flash directly from the Adobe site, or did you load 'flashplugin-installer' from muon? I have used 'flashplugin-installer' here in the past with success... However, beware that Adobe no longer supports flash for linux beyond version 11.2. (see http://www.zdnet.com/blog/open-sourc...ns-linux/10418 for the details.)

cheers,
    bill
    sigpic
    A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. --Albert Einstein

Comment

I used synaptic and installed the flash plugin installer and then did an update. So many sites I use need flash.

Comment

Make sure the file libflashplayer.so (or a link to it) is in the directory ~/.mozilla/plugins/

Under circumstances you can extract it from the flashplayer file downloaded from the Adobe site.

Comment

I know this is stupid because I found it before but where is the app that let's me browse files/

Comment

The most used KDE file manager is called Dolphin.
            Alt + . will make hidden files like .mozilla visible.
            Ctrl + F will open a search box.

By the time you feel adventurous you can install Krusader.
            Konqueror also started life as a file manager.

Comment

thanks for the help. The only problem is I have is no sound.

Comment

Better to start a new thread with appropriate title.

Comment

Working...
                X