This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gtk Themes not changing with System Settings

Hi, I installed oxygen-gtk on Kubuntu 12.04 64 Bit, however when I change the theme using System Settings, nothing happens. I tried again using gtk-chtheme and the theme changed successfully. I was wondering if there is a fix to changing the gtk appearance in system settings.

The Oxygen-gtk appearance theme affects only GTK (Gnome) packages; it doesn't change the overall appearance of the Desktop (QT).
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Yeah, I'm aware of the expected result, however not even GTK applications are affected using kde-config-gtk. The GTK theme change worked when I downloaded gtk-chtheme, however I prefer a solution better integrated into KDE's System Settings.

Comment

I'm on 13.10 so I cannot check if available for 12.10, but there is a kde version of gtk-chtheme that should resolve this issue (I know for sure it exists for 13.04/13.10). This package should be a dependency of kde-config-gtk-style, but I had to manually install it in 13.04 after installing kde-config-gtk.

kde-config-gtk-style-preview
        Configuration dialog to adapt GTK+ applications appearance to your taste under KDE. Among its many features, it lets you:
        • Choose which theme is used for GTK+ 2.x and GTK+ 3.x applications.
        • Tweak some GTK+ applications behaviour.
        • Select what icon theme to use in GTK+ applications.
        • Select GTK+ applications default fonts.
        • Easily browse and install new GTK+ 2.x and GTK+ 3.x themes. . This package contains binary files for previewing Gtk themes and applying them without restarting of Gtk applications.

I am pretty sure kde-gtk-config-style-preview replaces gtk-chheme (as the kde dedicated solution you seek), but they share the same depencies, so using gtk-chtheme would be your best option until the newer iteration reaches 12.10.

Looking at the repo for your ver, I see kde-gtk-config-stlye, but not ..-..-..-..style-preview; so gtk-chtheme may be the only option available to you without backporting from a newer release.

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source...2.1-1ubuntu1.1

Comment

Working...
        X