Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Location of application icons does not work.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Location of application icons does not work.

Kubuntu 13.04
    KDE 4.10.5

When I install a default panel, then move the panel to the top of the screen, everything works all right.

When I attempt to move the KMenu Icon from the left end of the panel, to the right end of the panel, it will not drag and drop to the right of the panel; instead it snaps back to the left of the panel.

For years I have been using Kubuntu with the Kmenu panel located on the upper right corner of the desktop. When I remove the default panel and reinstall the default panel, the panel re-appears at the top of the desktop with the immovable KMenu Icon on the left end of the panel.

I would rather not re-install the operating system to attempt to correct this problem, however, I have been using my kubuntu os with a chosen configuration for many years, and prefer the configuration enough to reinstall the OS if that is the solution.

Thanks for the help.

If it is important, the computer that I am using is a Toshiba laptop with a dual-core 2300mhz processor and 8mb of ram. Thanks!

When you are dragging a Panel icon, you have to 'see' the grey space-holder for it (underneath the icon). This indicator tells you that the moved icon will anchor to the new location.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Alternative way

1. Left click the 'Panel Tool Box'

2. Left click 'Add widgets'

3. Double click the 'Application Launcher' - It will be added to the right.

4. Right click the 'Application Launcher' at the right. Remove it.

A good place to start: Topic: Top 20 Kubuntu FAQs & Answers
      Searching FAQ's: Google Search 'FAQ from Kubuntuforums'

Comment

Hmmm, 8mb of ram...

Comment

To add to Snowhog's post, you have to drag the icon a little bit further along , a little bit past where you want it to actually go, then you will see the grey placeholder thingy.

Comment

Working...
          X