This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to install "goldendict"

I tried to install goldendict and it only came up with One dictionary. several are missing like WordNEt, and the dict thesaurus. how do i get as any other dictiionaries as are available? [ sometimes i have to wait quite awhile for the OED or M-Websters...]

thanks in advance.
    Last edited by kline; Oct 09, 2013, 03:52 PM.

how did you try to install .......with muon ,,,,or did you find it on the net ?
    you have a dictionary already I think ....press ALT+F2 and type dic ,,,you should see it on the dropdown list.

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Take note of the search word and the amount of packages listed at the bottom...click on the picture for the larger version...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Synaptic Package Manager _006.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	640482

Comment

it's is russian

dunno what happened. first, the computer went down, and after rrebooting, goldendict displays in russian!

Comment

Originally posted by kline View Post
          dunno what happened. first, the computer went down, and after rrebooting, goldendict displays in russian!
          You can change the language/dictionary/web-base goldendict uses in the settings.

Comment

do-over>.. .

well, after spending another 20-25 minutes, i used synaptic to clean out Everything; then installed the dictionaries i had a month ago, and put back the goldendict* packages. now everything works. ---thanks for the help, y'all!

Comment

well, after spending another 20-25 minutes, i used synaptic to clean out Everything; then installed the dictionaries i had a month ago, and put back the goldendict* packages. now everything works. ---thanks for the help, y'all!
              Thanks great, glad you got it working, mark this thread solved please.

Comment

Where is the SOLVED button! i saw it once...

Comment

Where is the SOLVED button! i saw it once...
                  Upper right, Thread Tools, drop it down, Mark This Thread As Solved. You started the thread so you are the 'owner', only you or an admin can mark it solved.

Comment

Working...
                  X