Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmmmm GREAT, "out of the box" post zeeone, and.....since about all that I can really contribute to this place is hardware stuff....

I shoulda thunk of!

woodembarrasedsmoke

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
      hmmmmm GREAT, "out of the box" post zeeone, and.....since about all that I can really contribute to this place is hardware stuff....

I shoulda thunk of!

woodembarrasedsmoke
      But the point is you do contribute and you help keep the OP posting so the problem can be solved.

Second ISO failure, still could be bad Software or the software is crupted via the OS. If not, then
      maybe the burner could be going bad. Just have wait for the OPs response.

Comment

So it's my burner's fault?

Comment

lol
          it could be given that other fixes do not seem to have worked.

I consider myself to be a "hardware kinda guy" and that happened to me...I use a lot of second hand stuff and more than once couldn't get an .iso to burn right and fiddled with everything I could think of before I..... checked the physical burner.... dumb me...

And, it may NOT be the burner.

But here is an idea to check the burner.

How about downloading a small distro, like DSL and burn it and try to use it as a live cd.

If that works then it is probably not the burner... just a thought.

Annnnnddd keep the folks here apprised! they want to help!

woodsmoke

Comment

@OP are you using the "burn image" option in burnaware ? + use the slowest speed it will allow

VINNY
            i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
            16GB RAM
            Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I have this exact same problem. I am sure it is not related to how I made the USB installer disk because I made 6 different ones. I created one using UNetBootin, another using usb-creator (alias Startup Disk Creator) in Ubuntu, another from a MAC, and I used two different ISO images. In every case I get the exact same error:

Code:
              The disk contains an unclean file system (0, 1).
              The file system wasn't safely closed on Windows. Fixing.

Comment

Originally posted by MountainX View Post
                I have this exact same problem. I am sure it is not related to how I made the USB installer disk because I made 6 different ones. I created one using UNetBootin, another using usb-creator (alias Startup Disk Creator) in Ubuntu, another from a MAC, and I used two different ISO images. In every case I get the exact same error:

Code:
                The disk contains an unclean file system (0, 1).
                The file system wasn't safely closed on Windows. Fixing.
                do you have a windows box?
                have your sticks been in a windows box wile running windows ?

VINNY
                i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                16GB RAM
                Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
                  do you have a windows box?
                  have your sticks been in a windows box wile running windows ?

VINNY
                  This is a Windows box. I'm trying to install Kubuntu on it. And no, these USB sticks are new. In fact I just made one today (on Ubuntu). From the first try, it gave this error. And, btw, the message is referring to the HDD in the computer I am trying to install onto, not the filesystem on the USB stick.

Comment

The error indicates that the NTFS volume wasn't properly shut down by Windows. The "unclean" marking likely won't go away. I suspect that the "Fixing" line indicates that the installer is trying to run a utility called ntfsfix. Alas, this utility can't actually fix most errors that might exist.

You'll need to boot Windows and run chkdsk c: /f to fix errors and remove the "unclean" marking. Then you should be able to proceed with installing Kubuntu.

Comment

Working...
                    X