This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mouse Wheel Actions in Pager and Task Manager

I use the mouse wheel a lot, to scroll down pages. If I accidently let the pointer drift into the Task Manager or the Pager, in the bottom panel, it'll cycle through the windows or the desktops. I find this distracting.

I can't find any setting that affects this. Is it possible to stop it happening? Other than keeping the pointer away from the bottom of the screen, of course.

Cheers

Right click on the desktop and open Desktop Settings. Two tabs, "View" and "Mouse". In Mouse, disable vertical scroll by pressing the minus button, or remap to a different action.
    I do not personally use Kubuntu, but I'm the tech support for my daughter who does.

Comment

I've just tried that, Buddlespit. It doesn't seem to change anything in the panel - scrolling the mousewheel still moves me through the tasks in the task manager (or the desktops in the pager)..

Cheers

Comment

Hm. I wonder if this setting requires logging out and then back in?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
          Hm. I wonder if this setting requires logging out and then back in?
          IIRC, the setting only affects mouse wheel on the "desktop" area, not the widgets in the panel.

EDIT: I found a bug report for the task manager mouse wheel switching:
          https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=198661
          Last edited by kubicle; Sep 27, 2013, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X