X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

screen resolution

Hi,
    I have just taken the plunge and lnstalled kubuntu on my old machine 350 mhz intel p4 or 3 can't remember. First impressions are good but need to get used to the new names etc. However the screen resolution is rather big and i need help in resolving this if i go to administrator mode there are still no more resolutions to choose from. Do i have to download some more software to rectify this. Help for a new boy much appreciated.

blp.

Re: screen resolution

There may be an easier way, but the only way I know is to run the comand...

sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

This will give you the option to reconfigure several settings. If you don't know what they mean, it is best to leave them at whatever they are at. One of the settings will allow you to select the resolutions you want to be selectable under the system settings. To select them when you get to that part (it will be pretty obvious), use the space bar to add an asterisk to the resolutions you want to be able to use.

Josh

Comment

Re: screen resolution

Thanks i'll give it a go however something has gone horribly wrong at present and i will probably have to reboot if that doesnot work i'll be back with another problem ho hum. But i won't give up.

blp

Comment

Working...
      X