This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At wit's end...

I've been a Kubuntu user for a while now. I'm running 12.04 on an AMD quad-core w/8gb ram and a 120gb SSD. It's all I need folks. My printer is a Samsung ML2010. It's been working fine until I upgraded to 12.04. Now, it prints, but the page doesn't go the last 1" to cleanly eject from the printer. If I pull it free, the printout is fine. Open and close the door to reset the printer and it cleanly sends a sheet thru to clear itself. Thinks there's a jam, because the previous page didn't cleanly eject. Don't know enough about drivers and such, but I doubt its the printer as it worked perfectly up until the upgrade. Still prints just fine, just won't feed that last 1" to eject cleanly. Haven't received any response via IRC or other forums. Help??

This probably won't help much but check the paper size and what tray to use, etc in the settings. I also find deleting and re-installing the printer helps too.

Comment

Which ppd file are you using?

Sidenote: I have a cartridge for that printer I can't use. Want it? PM me if you do.

Please Read Me

Comment

i'm using the PPD file that goes with the printer. Lord knows where it came from (auto-download while installing printer??) Is there a place to get a different PPD file?

Comment

http://www.openprinting.org/printer/...amsung-ml-2010

This is one you could try. Download the .deb package and either install it or extract the ppd by itself.

I had a 2010 and a 2510 for years. I wore them both out and never had any real problems with them.

Please Read Me

Comment

Installed the driver you suggested (thank you) It's still doing the same thing. I printed a test page. I printed just fine, but the last 3/4" of the page won't eject causing the printer to believe there's a "jam". Pull the page free and it printed just fine. Open/close door to cycle thru perceived jam. VIOLA!

Comment

Sounds like you have A paper in a Letter size printer or have it defined that way. Have you looked at your printer settings?

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
                Sounds like you have A paper in a Letter size printer or have it defined that way. Have you looked at your printer settings?
                Which makes me wonder if the system wide locale chosen during installation affects things like that, I set all that stuff properly, except the date, I prefer ISO (2013-09-07).

Comment

Regardless of the system setting, one should be able to select any paper size the printer supports. Tek could be right - maybe the default size is different than before. It's worth checking.

Please Read Me

Comment

Everywhere I looked said USletter as the paper size. If a setting is buried 10levels deep, I might miss it because I'm unfamiliar. But otherwise. . . It sounds like something as simple as that. Prints fine, just somehow is seeing the paper as the wrong size. I just don't know where (except the obvious places) where to

Comment

Originally posted by dbc254 View Post
                      Everywhere I looked said USletter as the paper size. If a setting is buried 10levels deep, I might miss it because I'm unfamiliar. But otherwise. . . It sounds like something as simple as that. Prints fine, just somehow is seeing the paper as the wrong size. I just don't know where (except the obvious places) where to
                      Do you have any live distro disks hanging around? If one can install a printer 'on the fly', see what happens, the only other thing I can think of is your printer needs calibration or a new belt, etc, something's not right. If at all possible, pick an old file you know for a fact printed properly in the past.

Comment

As far as the above comment: Both my Samsung printers eventually died because of the feed wheel cracking. Open up the front of the printer and feel the rubber wheel in the center of the metal bar at the back of the printer. Mine eventually stopped feeding paper at all because this part cracked.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
                        X