• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help With Accessing Files Over WiFi From Android With ES File Explorer

Kubuntu 13.04
    Not a Wubi installation.
    KDE 4.10.5
    Dual boot with Windows 7 on a separate partition.
    Dekstop PC
    Wired to Netgear WiFi router.

Hello, under Windows 7, I am able to browse the files on my PC from my Android 4.1.2 Galaxy S3 using ES File Explorer, which is a file manager that runs on the phone. I need the same functionality while I'm booted into Kubuntu. I need to be able to browse my Windows NTFS partitions, and would also like to be able to browse the ext4 Kubuntu partition. I tried following this: http://www.maketecheasier.com/instal...ing/2012/06/12 and it seemed to go fine. However, when I attempt to connect to my desktop from my phone, it prompts for the username and password. I type my credentials, but it doesn't accept them; it just returns me to the username/password prompt. I also tried sudo apt-get install system-config-samba, which seemed to work. I now have a "Samba" entry under both settings and system in the K menu, but nothing happens when I click it. Perhaps this is only for Gnome or Unity and it doesn't work with KDE, I do not know. I found something for KDE, but the commands do not work. For example, kdesudo kcmshell4 fileshare returns: Could not find module 'fileshare'. See kcmshell4 --list for the full list of modules. I think that may be old info. I did do sudo smbpasswd -a <username> and set a simple password for testing. Those are the credentials I am using when trying to log in from my phone unsuccessfully.
Working...
X