Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the word 'Desktop' be removed leaving the cashew like original?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can the word 'Desktop' be removed leaving the cashew like original?

I noticed a similar post where someone wanted to remove the Desktop cachew from the desktop.

I remember when only the cashew was onscreen. I like that much better, because a second cashew appeares when the widgets are unlocked then hides again when widgets are locked in place.

I guess I am spoiled by Kubuntu in their wonderful capability to configure most everything. Nevertheless, it may have been an improvement for most, when the written word 'Desktop' was added, in my case it is an irritant. If it is located in the normal place, it shows through a transparent panel. Not very attractive.

If not too difficult, can the word 'Desktop' be removed while retaining the cashew icon?

Thanks! Not a criticle issue, just nice to have a solution.
    Last edited by Shabakthanai; Aug 24, 2013, 11:18 AM. Reason: spelling correction

As I recall, you can resize the cashew by clicking and holding, then moving. So, if the thing is in the upper right corner, click and hold on the left margin, then move the mouse to the right. At some point the word should disappear, leaving only the cashew. That's what I did a few versions ago, and it's stayed that way since (my /home is on a separate partition, so the settings are constant).

Comment

You can rename it in the "activities" settings. You can still hide it by adding the py-cashew widget to the desktop. Just search for it in "get new widgets".
      Klaatu Barada Nikto

Comment

Thanks for the topic. I haven't paid much attention until you mentioned it, now I too need to get rid of it Thanks artist, now I have just the cashew.
        Boot Info Script

Comment

Originally posted by arist View Post
          As I recall, you can resize the cashew by clicking and holding, then moving. So, if the thing is in the upper right corner, click and hold on the left margin, then move the mouse to the right. At some point the word should disappear, leaving only the cashew. That's what I did a few versions ago, and it's stayed that way since (my /home is on a separate partition, so the settings are constant).
          That was so cool. It wasn't such an important thing, but I really wanted it gone. Thanks so much for the advice.

Comment

Working...
          X