Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to disable ad plugins in Facebook application to speed operation.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can remove AdBlock Plus (for now). Right-click on the ABP icon and select Remove from Chromium. Close the browser and relaunch it. Navigate to the URL in question. You can add AdBlock Plus again afterwards.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Until you can get Firefox back on-line you can try to use the Reconq or Konqueror browsers.

Comment

You might consider installing PokerTH. Open-source, no ads, and you can play either online or against the computer (the AI engine is good). Available in Muon.

Comment

Originally posted by arist View Post
          You might consider installing PokerTH. Open-source, no ads, and you can play either online or against the computer (the AI engine is good). Available in Muon.
          I have played that in the past, but not online. Can't figure out why. Anyway, it is a good application. Thanks, I will try the online version. I still have established a group of friends online that I am friends with and enjoy playing with.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
            You can remove AdBlock Plus (for now). Right-click on the ABP icon and select Remove from Chromium. Close the browser and relaunch it. Navigate to the URL in question. You can add AdBlock Plus again afterwards.
            I have never been able to find the icon you talk about. Strange. I must be looking at it and not seeing it. How about "sudo apt-get remove adblock", should work, don't you think?

I finally opened Microsoft's browser and Holdem still works in Win7; I am so unused to using Windows I didn't think of that during the fixing period. By the way, I am not in Chromium, I am in Firefox. I use Konqueror too, but it does not function in the Holdem program. Thanks, my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
              Until you can get Firefox back on-line you can try to use the Reconq or Konqueror browsers.
              It might work with Rekonq, but Holdem does not work in Konqueror. Konqueror used to be my favorite browser, but some things stopped working, and I changed to browsers that work. I wish it would work a little better; it is the best and most capable and configurable browser of all of them. You guys have all been great, helping to solve a pretty minor problem for most. I am in your collective debt, because it was important to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
                Thanks for the suggestion, friend.

Comment

Firefox. Tools > AdBlock Plus and you can find the options.
                  Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                  "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
                  X