Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.facebook.com.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to connect

I play Texas Holdem on the Facebook site. Since working a problem relating to dual-monitor problems, I get the following error message when I attempt to open the Zynga Texas Holdem. I have made connection for 3 years now.

Rekonq, Konqueror, and Firefox are my browsers, each provide their similar error message to the one for Firefox as shown below. I use a bookmark link. The bookmark link to this forum works; I used it to login. How do I correct this problem with the facebook connection?

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
    moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
    connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
    that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I haven't made any changes that I know of to cause this problem. Thanks in advance for any help.

I have heard but am not familiar with proxy and firewall, yet do not know if they are a part of my computer. I notice in the failed network connection with Facebook the possibility of a problem with either or both. I still cannot open Facebook with the Firefox or Reqonk browsers in my Kubuntu 13.04 OS. Facebook using Firefox connects when I open in Windows 7, but I hate to use that OS except in emergencies. Firefox open the Facebook site in my laptop, too, in both Kubuntu 13.04 as well as Windows 7. Many have read my post, but no one seems to have any input. What do I need to do to be better understood? Thanks.
    Last edited by Shabakthanai; Aug 10, 2013, 10:09 AM. Reason: Additional information

I am making this entry to have my post re-read with new data. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
    X