This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forecastfox Weather 2.2.2 for Firefox works, handy

I usually keep the browser pretty plain vanilla because I figure the more dinguses there are they might slow things down.

But, gotta say....Forecastfox Weather 2.2.2 looks good, works, is discreet (lower border of FF but can be changed) customizeable, has popup map, etc.

Yes the browser has to be going to show it but...browser is going most of the time anyway!

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...er/?src=search

woodsmoke

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
    I usually keep the browser pretty plain vanilla because I figure the more dinguses there are they might slow things down.

But, gotta say....Forecastfox Weather 2.2.2 looks good, works, is discreet (lower border of FF but can be changed) customizeable, has popup map, etc.

Yes the browser has to be going to show it but...browser is going most of the time anyway!

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...er/?src=search

woodsmoke
    Hi friend, I use the widget provided in Kubuntu 13.04. My machine is a monster, so I really don't have to worry about memory usage, but it works great and to me is not offensive on my desktop. I have some useful widgets on my desktop, so you may think it too busy, but here is an image. Notice the weather widget.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TheKDELook.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	640437

That way it is available when you aren't in your browser.

Comment

Hi!

No...that is a GAAAWWWGEOUS!!! Desktop!!

Looks like you have some conky goin' on there! Or are they widgets?

I formerly used an iteration of the image with the glass and ice on my HTC android, that is a relly nice pic!

It it is Conky and you would care to make a post about how you set up the Conky, and provide the script, I imagine that there would be folks quite interested!

If you do mebbe you should very OBVIOUSLY label it with Conky in the title!

Again, awsome destkop!

woodsmoke

Comment

Ummm, my KDE desktop is almost identical (except the background pic).

I also am pretty satisfied with the KDE Weather Forecast widget (in the Panel bar) alone.
        Last edited by perspectoff; Aug 26, 2013, 12:06 PM.

UbuntuGuide/KubuntuGuide

Right now the killer is being surrounded by a web of deduction, forensic science,
        and the latest in technology such as two-way radios and e-mail.

Comment

lol
          too many rum'n cokes between dives.....

widgets!!!

but still a GREAT DESKTOP!!!

woodsmoke

Comment

I prefer yaWP.

sigpic

Comment

kewl
              woodsmoke