This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong timezone

My timezone seems to be completely off from what is expected.

I set the timezone to "Malta" (Which should be UTC+2) but i keep getting the time set to UTC. My clock is always two hours behind because of this!

Setting the time forward 2 hours manually also doesnt seem to work because it keeps getting reset to UTC time.

Is there anything i can do to fix this? Is it a known bug, or am i doing something completely wrong?

FYI: Im setting the time zone from "Date and Time - KDE Control Module"

PS: I tried setting the timezone to something like "Paris" or "Berlin" which is also UTC+2 - but they also seem to show times for UTC :/:/

EDIT: Just noticed i posted this in the Pre-Installation forum by mistake, could a moderator move it for me please?

Did you search the forum? There must be a dozen recent threads about this problem - most with solutions. There's even an article about it on the Front Page.

Please Read Me

Comment

Try Right Click on the clock in the panel
      Choose Digital Clock Settings
      Choose Time Zones
      Scroll through the list of countries from beginning to end and get rid of any ticks that ARE NOT your time zone. For example, leave the tick in the box next to Malta, remove all others including UTC

At the bottom there's a drop down list. Make sure it says Clock defaults to: Local

Click OK

See if that helps. I sometimes forget after a new install. I keep my own timezone as the main one and have a Skype friend's timezone also. When I hover the mouse over the digital closk in the panel, my local time is in BOLD and her zone is in ordinary text.

See if this works for you :-)

Comment

if you use the scroll wheel over the time widget it will switch between enabled timezone(s) and UTC.
        Last edited by sithlord48; Jul 30, 2013, 06:46 PM.
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Thanks sithlord48. Maybe I didn't read the OP properly. My problem was similar, in that setting the date and time in other places, the clock still showed UTC. It would give me the name of the city I wanted, but always showed UTC time.

Comment

np, edited it so its a bit easer to read.
            Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
            (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Thanks for thee reply rossdv8, worked perfectly for me!

Comment

Working...
              X