This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VERY simple drawing program

I'd like to be able to produce (and print) simple outlines of shapes - rectangles, circles, ovals etc. They're templates, for cutting round.

Ideally, I'd want to take a shape from a library/collection, or import it, then modify it a little. Eg, if it was an ellipse, I'd like to be able to (easily) change the length and width, till the size and proportion suits me. If it was a heart shape, I'd like to be able to make it tall/thin or short/fat, bigger or smaller, etc

All the drawing programs I've found are much more sophisticated than this......

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks

Maybe kolourpaint?

Comment

jollyjack wrote:

They're templates, for cutting round.
      Calligra words, in the top right of a normal install where it says "add shape" has a box to the right with a circle, triangle and square,

With Libre Office, if you do not see some "shapes" at the bottom of the panel, probably with an "arrow" on the farthest left, you can go to view/toolbars/ and click "drawing" and will get a similar set of stock shapes the menu will appear at the bottom of the panel.

If you are just wanting to print an object, such as a circle, on a piece of paper to "cut around" that is about as simple as it gets!

woodsmoke

Comment

#irvcobb, I've had a look at Kolourpaint, I'd call it as sophisticated (read, too difficult for me) as the others.

#woodsmoke, that sounds just what I want. I'll go and have a look.

Thanks to you both.

Comment

#woodsmoke, I've just had a look at LibreOffice Draw. I'll settle for that - it gives me 95% of what I want, and is VERY easy to use.

Thanks for the pointer.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X