Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I resize the width of the Kmenu panel dropdown, panel location top screen.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I resize the width of the Kmenu panel dropdown, panel location top screen.

MY laptop COMPUTER

Kubuntu Release

DISTRIB_RELEASE=13.04
    Version of KDE
    Platform Version 4.10.2
    Version of GRUB
    Version: 0.97-29ubuntu66
    Description-en: GRand Unified Bootloader (Legacy version)
    Type
    Laptop
    CPU
    Architecture: x86_64
    CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit
    Byte Order: Little Endian
    CPU(s): 2
    On-line CPU(s) list: 0,1
    Thread(s) per core: 1
    Core(s) per socket: 2
    Socket(s): 1
    NUMA node(s): 1
    Vendor ID: GenuineIntel
    CPU family: 6
    Model: 23
    Stepping: 6
    CPU MHz: 800.000
    BogoMIPS: 3990.49
    L1d cache: 32K
    L1i cache: 32K
    L2 cache: 3072K
    NUMA node0 CPU(s): 0,1
    Optical Drive
    Slot DVDRW

A few versions ago, I was able to resize the drop-down Kmenu from a panel located on the top of my screen. Now I can only resize the width to a very wide setting. There is a lot of white space on the right of my list of favorites. I would like to eliminate all of the unnecessary white space.

I used to be able to put the cursor at the lower corner of the dropdown and resize both width and depth. I can still lengthen the open menu the entire height of the screen, but can only reduce the width a small amount. Is this option available? Thanks!

Both K Menu's won't allow this, but if you install plasma-widget-lancelot and then pick it from the Panel > Panel Options > Add Widgets... and double-click on Lancelot Launcher, it does.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks Snowhog, but that isn't what I really had in mind. I have my favorites which I use daily. Kmenu provides a wonderful way to just open to the favorites I have chosen, and an easy way to get to the groups of applications and to the individual lists. I was trying to get the width of the dropdown reduced without reducing to the point of not being able to read the choices. Although Lancelot will allow the width reduction, by the time the list width is reduced the amount I prefer, you cannot read any entry. When I attempted to reconfigure to perhaps just have the column of Favorites, it appears like you have to keep the same internal configuration of columns in the dropdown. I would only like to show one column with data I can read. A very kind effort on your part. Thanks for taking the time. Most cordially, Shabakthanai

I wonder why KDE removed that option for configuration. I really liked it. They also had a widget that appeared as a folder with a yellow star in it. I loved that widget. I created dropdows which showed my movie library, photo library, etc. It too can no longer be found in the widget library. they were perhaps my favorite widgets.
      Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      Both K Menu's won't allow this, but if you install plasma-widget-lancelot and then pick it from the Panel > Panel Options > Add Widgets... and double-click on Lancelot Launcher, it does.
      Last edited by Shabakthanai; May 25, 2013, 08:57 PM. Reason: after thought

Comment

The folder with a star on it is a widget called Quick Access Settings.

Comment

Hello my friend,

I am unable to find the "quick access settingns" widget. When I search in the panel's "add widgets" entry, it comes up with "quick url". I downoaded and installed it, but it does not show up in the widgets panel. Additional it gives an error message that says that there are no bookmarks in Konqueror. I googled the title and found entries for Android, but nothing when the word kubuntu was added in the search line. They did not show a picture of the icon either. Where might I find this widget?
          Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
          The folder with a star on it is a widget called Quick Access Settings.

Comment

You just need to install plasma-widget-quickaccess.

Comment

Working...
            X