Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I move Kmenu from the left side of the panel to the right?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I move Kmenu from the left side of the panel to the right?

I have always been able to do this in the past by dragging it. That doesn't work anymore. And yes I use the acorns to open the appropriate choices. Thanks!

First, right click anywhere on the desktop and click "Unlock widgets." Then click on the panel "cashew" that opens up the panel options. Once thats done, you can easily move panel items around.

Comment

I am familiar with that and have tried that, however, it no longer moves as before. I have used this feature in previous versions and am used to that configuration. I have also tried to get the items right justified, and that did not work either. I checked in the known bugs for Kubuntu 13.04 but was unable to find a similar problem. If you use Kubuntu 13.04, would you please attempt the process?

For years I have been putting my panel on the top of the destop with Kmenu on the right side of the screen. It seemed logical to me, being right-handed to have things drop-down rather than drop-up and having access to the primary menu on the right side. Thanks for any further help you can provide.
      Originally posted by whatthefunk View Post
      First, right click anywhere on the desktop and click "Unlock widgets." Then click on the panel "cashew" that opens up the panel options. Once thats done, you can easily move panel items around.

Comment

I have 13.04 and it works just fine. Maybe try to delete your current panel and add a new default one.

Comment

Here, one need only right-click on the the panel (on an unoccupied spot) and Unlock Widgets, right-click again and then Panel Options > Panel Settings, then hover over the Kmenu (Lancelot) icon until the cross symbol appears and then move that sucker. The main thing is, watch the target location for the icon to be a open space on the panel - not a red circle with a line through it - then drop.

Please Read Me

Comment

When you have the icon where you want it, you have to click the mouse button to anchor it to that position.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

There is another irregualrity that I forgot to mention. I have two monitors.

In the past I have created 2 default panels, one at the top of each monitor screen. Then I leave the Kmenu Icon on the upper lleft corner of the left screen, and move the Kmenu icon on the right monitor to the upper right corner of the right monitor. I have been configuring this way for as long as I have had 2 monitors. After getting used to this configuration, you never have the problem of putting the cursor through to the other monitor, because the Kmenu icon is always at an outer perimeter of the monitors.

Now when I attempt to install a default panel on the right monitor, the only option I am provided is "empty" panel not "default" panel. Perhaps that is why it works differently. If that is the case, is there a way to install a second 'default' panel on the right screen? That might allow for the necessary configuration change.
              Originally posted by whatthefunk View Post
              I have 13.04 and it works just fine. Maybe try to delete your current panel and add a new default one.
              Last edited by Shabakthanai; May 22, 2013, 12:36 AM. Reason: corrected misspelled word

Comment

To have widgets on the right-side of a non-full panel, you need to have a widget on the panel that acts as a spacer (occupying all available space), so you can put widgets to the right of that widget (and they align to the right). Normally, the different task manager widgets act as spacers. But an empty new panel doesn't have that.

If you don't need (or want) another task manager on your second panel, there is also a pure "panel spacer" widget available.

Comment

That was perfect, thanks!
                  Originally posted by kubicle View Post
                  To have widgets on the right-side of a non-full panel, you need to have a widget on the panel that acts as a spacer (occupying all available space), so you can put widgets to the right of that widget (and they align to the right). Normally, the different task manager widgets act as spacers. But an empty new panel doesn't have that.

If you don't need (or want) another task manager on your second panel, there is also a pure "panel spacer" widget available.

Comment

Working...
                  X