X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Set Veromix default channel & keyboard controls

Hi all,

I have recently updated from KDE 4.8.5 to 4.10.3 via the backports in Kubuntu 12.04.

I'm using Veromix Plasmoid instead of Kmix, because Kmix doesn't go loud enough with my hardware.

Before I upgraded, my keyboard media keys used to control my laptop's built-in speakers... now, I have set my media keys to control Veromix again (after re-installing veromix), but they change "Cedar HDMI Audio" instead of the built-in speakers and I can't see how to change the default!

Please help!

Feathers
    samhobbs.co.uk

Click on the Veromix icon, then the triangle on the right for the appropriate device, then Default.

Not sure if that will solve the media keys problem, but that's how I set my USB headphones to be the default output instead of the internal speakers.

Comment

Hi ronw,

When I click on the triangle to the right of the channel, I get the following options: Ports, Default Sink, Muted, Volume Meter, Unlock Channels, Add Effect, Veromix Settings.

Assuming you mean "Default Sink", if I check the box and then press a media key, the box becomes unchecked and the keys still control the other channel

Feathers
      samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Yes, I meant "Default Sink". I don't use the keyboard to control sound, so I'm not sure what you need to do. Maybe try setting the volume key shortcuts in Veromix Settings.

Comment

Solved it

I had to go into:

System settings --> multimedia --> Phonon --> audio hardware setup

...and turn the HDMI option completely off. Previously, I had been trying to get Veromix to just select the build-in audio by default but that wasn't working.

Thanks for your time ronw

Feathers
          samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X