X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window Appearence Striping

Hi,

I am still quite new to kubuntu and linux distro's in general. I am really enjoying the customisation just now but keep having to search the internet for particular things and am stumped by this problem.

With dark themes it always seems to stripe from grey to black, and was wondering how to stop this from happeening. Here is a pic of what I mean. It happens with Dolphin and also all other KDE windows. I was wondering if anyone knew an easy fix to stop it from happening? I have spent quite some time with various searches to no avail, maybe it's just something that people don't change?

Okay so I fixed it under System Settings -> Workspace Appearence -> Colours -> Colours -> Colour set : View : Alternative Background. Whew!

Comment

It may seem a little overwhelming for a while. There are so many things that Kubuntu can do that perhaps "Windows" cannot, that there are many things to be done to get to your specific want. You will get used to it in time. When you are used to it, you will configure everything to your taste. It will be a wonderful experience. Just having to use a password to sign in seemed overkill when I first used Kubuntu, but never having to deal with virus', spyware, adware, and so on again made that little task much worth it. As far as being able to make things to look and work the way you want to, you won't appreciate how much you like that until you experience it for a while. I use srvollom@gmail.com as a filter for people I do not know, or for posting an email address for the open public to see, but if you contact my gmail address, I will contact you privately and help you explore and use and understand all the configuration possibilities. I do not offer this to many, and I only use gmail for this purpose, so if you write me on gmail, I don't read messages every day, but when I do, I am prompt to respond.

Comment

Yeah Shabakthanai I am very much enjoying Kubuntu! Thanks for your reply, maybe pm's are a better way to chat?

Also I will post some tags in here just in case someone in the future googles and is stumped as I was. "Kubuntu window striping" "Dolphin striping" "Dolphin Bands".
        (Not totally sure that is how it's done but will do I suppose.)

Comment

Working...
        X