Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I notice in system settings > input devices > touchpad that the synaptics driver is installed or not used. It is installed (xserver-xorg-input-synaptics), so I guess it's just that I don't have a touchpad yet.

Are all touchpads compativle with a synaptics driver?
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Comment

Looking at your bottom line. What is he advantage of kdesudo over sudo in a konsole screen? That's what I always do.
      'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
        Do we all realize that we are all necroposting here?
        Well, joneall started it! I hadn't even noticed.
        Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

@joneall you can assume that the base functionality of any mouse, trackball and touchpad will work out of the box. (This is a thread from 2013, that's why they're calling it "necro"). I haven't tried any trackpad features so I can't comment on 'gestures' and the like.

Comment

The KDE4 touchpad notifier was a little buggy though. It regularly told me my touchpad had stopped working when that was not the case .

Comment

Originally posted by joneall View Post
              Looking at your bottom line. What is he advantage of kdesudo over sudo in a konsole screen? That's what I always do.
              kdesudo is for gui programs , not for console-specific ones.

Using sudo, a program is run with root's privileges, but with the user's configurations.
              Using kdesudo (or gksu/gksudo in Ubuntu), it uses root's configurations, and also copies
              .Xauthority to a tmp directory. This prevents files in your home directory becoming
              owned by root.

Running something graphical with sudo is not a guarantee that a config file will change ownership, but makes the likelihood much greater, especially if one changes a setting for that app.

Comment

Working...
              X