Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having trouble getting my new video card configuration application to work.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having trouble getting my new video card configuration application to work.

My new Video Card is an XFX R7850 Double Dissipation (quite-fast) GPU. It is new enough for the installation bugs that always confront Linux developers to be a problem. It requires the installation of ATI drivers and an application called Catalyst. My system is currently dual-boot Kubuntu 13.04 with Windows 7, and the Catalyst installation was simple for the Windows 7 portion of install, since the Video Card was made compatible with that OS.

I am looking for solutions, in the interim, that will allow me to use my dual monitors. Currently one is a mirror of the other. That would be OK if I could pass the mouse from screen to screen, because that is the way I prefer using my monitors anyway, but no such luck. When the mouse reaches the left border of the monitor on the right, it stops, all the while repeating the mouse movements on the other screen.

Is there any way to gerry-rig my computer so that I can get my mouse to pass from screen to screen? I am still unable to get Catalyst installed, which through that program such adjustments are made. I am sure the Kubuntu gurus will have the problem permanently fixed in the furure. Still it would be nice to have the use of both monitors while Kubuntu is running. It makes me a little uneasy that Windows can do something Kubuntu can not, even though I know it won't be for long.

Can't help with the ATI stuff, but have you looked into System Settings > Display and Monitors?

You need to have Kscreen installed for it to be there. Also - the old school manual way is xrandr. Open a terminal, type

xrandr -q

and post the results.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
    X