X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

data from an old Konqueror installation

Hi

I use Konqueror in an other partition with an other Linux.

Same thing with Seamonkey / Iceape.

In case of Seamonkey, it is easy to transmit the data from the one to the other partition: you only have to copy the complete subdir ~/.mozilla/seamonkey/* at the same place in the new installation . Second effect: It is also a good way to become an overview how many memory place the data of mozilla are using in the considered partition !

What is to do to do the same with the data from Konqueror?

Kind regards

Just copy the contents of ~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror over. That does what you want.

Comment

thank you very much!

Comment

Did it work? Mark the thread solved if it worked.

Comment

oh! excuse me! I did not do that until yet because I have an other really big problem with my installation: the libflashplugin does not work correctly (the wide of the flash views is reduced to the half and the colours are not true, I suppose a problem of x.org in the new Ubuntu concerning perhaps only my computer, an Intel oriented DELL computer... and as I suppose it can influence the settings I don't copy somewhat until I have found a solution to the flashplayer problem!

Comment

Originally posted by occidental View Post
            oh! excuse me! I did not do that until yet because I have an other really big problem with my installation: the libflashplugin does not work correctly (the wide of the flash views is reduced to the half and the colours are not true, I suppose a problem of x.org in the new Ubuntu concerning perhaps only my computer, an Intel oriented DELL computer... and as I suppose it can influence the settings I don't copy somewhat until I have found a solution to the flashplayer problem!
            Disable hardware acceleration for Flash. Also run and paste the output of the following:
            Code:
            glxinfo | grep OpenGL

Comment

Hi
              I did find this page http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/...velopers_only_
              hit on the small field "flashversion" right mouse key and open settings.
              Flash opens a windows. But this windows is as small and different of the windows founded in the Adobe forum under «Disable hardware acceleration for Flash» that it is not possible at all to read the content (it seems to be on German as I did install on German) and find the mark, where to hit do desactive the acceleration!

paste the output of the following:

OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center
              OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) 865G x86/MMX/SSE2
              OpenGL version string: 1.3 Mesa 9.1.1
              OpenGL extensions:

Comment

Originally posted by occidental View Post
                Hi
                I did find this page http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/...velopers_only_
                hit on the small field "flashversion" right mouse key and open settings.
                Flash opens a windows. But this windows is as small and different of the windows founded in the Adobe forum under «Disable hardware acceleration for Flash» that it is not possible at all to read the content (it seems to be on German as I did install on German) and find the mark, where to hit do desactive the acceleration!

paste the output of the following:

OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center
                OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) 865G x86/MMX/SSE2
                OpenGL version string: 1.3 Mesa 9.1.1
                OpenGL extensions:
                Firstly that GPU is terribly supported under Linux so yeah that might be a small issue. Anyways find a Youtube video say this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0_wIu9mW9U Then right click on it and click Settings not Global Settings or anything else. Then you should see something like this: Click image for larger version

Name:	disable.png
Views:	1
Size:	378.8 KB
ID:	640354 Untick the "Enable hardware acceleration" option and then close all instance of the Flash Player and try again.

If you don't mind, could you install the Google Chrome (Chrome not Chromium) and to see if that helps Flash since Chrome has a special version of built in Flash which is much newer than the normal version as Adobe stopped supporting Flash on Linux after v11.2

Comment

Working...
                X