Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think the point of the different desktop top modes is to be able to switch at will and experience no ill effects. I think the point is to have additional choices available for your preferred setup. If you use Folder view and populate it with icons you can't really expect it to work or look the same when you switch to Homerun or Desktop.

My suggestion would be to try a mode for awhile, then switch - knowing you'll have to reset everything - then use that for awhile and so on until you find a mode the suits your workflow. I've not tried it, but I believe you can have different Activities using different desktop layouts. That way you could switch from one to the other without messing up your look.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
      I don't think the point of the different desktop top modes is to be able to switch at will and experience no ill effects. I think the point is to have additional choices available for your preferred setup. If you use Folder view and populate it with icons you can't really expect it to work or look the same when you switch to Homerun or Desktop.

My suggestion would be to try a mode for awhile, then switch - knowing you'll have to reset everything - then use that for awhile and so on until you find a mode the suits your workflow. I've not tried it, but I believe you can have different Activities using different desktop layouts. That way you could switch from one to the other without messing up your look.
      Thanks for the tip. I know that changing from one desktop mode to another could mess things up but it would be very nice if one could drag or arrange desktop icons (a very basic function if you ask me). Can i suggest to the Kubuntu development team to provide this basic feature to KDE?? on 13.04 release??

did the previous releases of kubuntu allow to "drag and drop" feature?? yes this is my first kubuntu install

Regards

Comment

Well, when can you not rearrange icons? You might be mis-applying terminology. Widgets are not Icons and vice-versa. I use the "Default Desktop" layout which does not allow icons on the "desktop." Rather, it allows widgets. One of those widgets I use is "Folder View" which has icons within it. I have no trouble re-arranging either.

Please Read Me

Comment

I've been having the same problem since I up graded to Raring, and it's been driving me crazy. I used to be able to move the icons around the blue desktop, why not now?
          Thank you Notabug, for providing the answer. I thought that I had tried everything, but evidentaly not. Clicking on that pop-up whatchamacallit does the drag around trick. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X