Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I open my Kubuntu 13.04 OS in 'Root'?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I open my Kubuntu 13.04 OS in 'Root'?

I realize this is something Kubuntu apparently doesn't want users to know, however, doesn't that kind of defeat the 'Freedom' aspect that is so precious to Linux users.

I was able to do this in past distributions of Kubuntu, but have not had the need in such a long time, I have forgotten how to do it. I expect it will probably be a long time again before I will need to know again, but I need the capability right now. I realize the dangers involved and accept totall responsibility for any damage or loss incurred by logging into Root User. I have most of those selfsame dangers when I open in sudo.

If some Guru with a kind heart will private message the solution, I would be extremely grateful. That way the secret remains generally kept. Thanks!

I am not posting the answer, because Kubuntu apparently does not want this information generally available. I love my Kubuntu OS and do not want to create any waves.
    Originally posted by Shabakthanai View Post
    I realize this is something Kubuntu apparently doesn't want users to know, however, doesn't that kind of defeat the 'Freedom' aspect that is so precious to Linux users.

I was able to do this in past distributions of Kubuntu, but have not had the need in such a long time, I have forgotten how to do it. I expect it will probably be a long time again before I will need to know again, but I need the capability right now. I realize the dangers involved and accept totall responsibility for any damage or loss incurred by logging into Root User. I have most of those selfsame dangers when I open in sudo.

If some Guru with a kind heart will private message the solution, I would be extremely grateful. That way the secret remains generally kept. Thanks!

Comment

It is okay to post 'how' to do it. It isn't secret. See RootSudo
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
      X